Tuesday, March 12, 2013

The Mermaid Story


Don Severance, known to many as 'Sev', is a man of many talents. He is a New Hampshire based musician, sculptor, and author to name a few.

Sev has recently released the novel, The Mermaid Story: Epyphany. The novel is currently available on Amazon. This is the first title of a trilogy, so we will be seeing more from Sev.

"In the first year of the new millennium, a real mermaid is born - her name is Epyphany and she is the last hope for a suffering planet." You can read the full description at the Amazon link, above.

One reader said, "I gave this five stars because I could not put the book down."  Another said, "Don's talent is clear and his potential as a writer outstanding." There is no doubt that you will be entertained.

More information on the story can be found at the official web site. You can learn more about Sev at his main web site, where you can listen to samples of his music. You can also take a look at his other projects.

Click on the photo to the right for a larger view.

"Epyphany is the first book of a three book series called The Mermaid Story Trilogy. It is the fulfillment of an idea I had in 1999. At that time I was refining my skills as a sculptor. It was 4:00 AM and I woke up with an idea for a unique mermaid sculpture. I knew I didn't want her to look like the traditional image we have all grown to expect. I wanted her to be an authentic creature of the sea. As I considered the design I pondered the possibilities of her origin. How might such a creature have been conceived? What characteristics would she retain from her unique origin? If she was a mystical leap upward on the evolutionary ladder, what powers might she have? As is often the case questions lead to more questions and a story started to evolve. Over the years I continued to visit the idea and started writing more details and adding characters. In 2008, I redesigned my lifestyle slightly in order to allow for more creative time. So now it's 2013 and though the final sculpture of Epyphany is not quite finished, the story is well imagined and ready to share. I hope you have as much fun reading the story of Epyphany and her adventures as I had writing it. If you enjoy the story please share it with friends." -Don 'Sev' Severance

Sev is also a mermaid fan, in case there was any doubt in your mind. Best of luck on the trilogy, Sev, and we will be looking forward to hearing about the second installment!


Octopus Decor

For many modern mermaids, mermen and mermaid fans, you are not able to spend as much time in or near the water as you would like. The weather often does not cooperate, and the boss really expects you to be at work.

When you can't be near the sea, bring the spirit of the sea to you... with an octopus chandelier. According to a recent article on io9, the octopus chandelier adds the right touch of tentacle to any decor.

How do you bring the spirit of the sea into your home? Send me a photo or two!


Best wishes and starfishes,
-Mermaid Cynthia
cynthia (at) goldmermaid.com

Blog Index | Ad Information | Top

No comments:

Post a Comment