Sunday, September 9, 2012

News Shell 7

You are just in time for another informative News Shell. If you have mermaid related news to share, please send it to me at the email address below. If you see an interesting news article online, let me know about that as well.

Water Ball

Humans love the water almost as much as we merfolk. I was at Grapevine Mills Mall in Grapevine, Texas over the weekend, and came across the scene on the right. A water ride in the middle of the mall, yet nobody gets wet! What will they think of next? The young women that were splashing around when I went by appeared to be having a great time. Everyone loves splashing around.

Boiled Shrimp Recipe

I like many seafood dishes, and shrimp is one of my favorites. At home, I usually have baked shrimp covered with Italian style bread crumbs. Recently, I thought of making boiled shrimp at home. After finding a promising recipe at food.com, we decided to give it a try. The results were quite good, so I thought I would share the recipe with you.

The recipe works well for shrimp that will be served hot as well as cold. When serving warm, bring along your choice of cocktail sauce or Cynthia's secret recipe tarter sauce.

The Starbucks Logo

Most of us are familiar with the Starbucks mermaid logo, but are you familiar with the origin of the logo? In a recent article on The Next Web, we learn the origin of the Starbucks logo and three others: Android, Apple, and NASA. What was the inspiration behind these four world-famous logos?

Interview Responses

I would like to thank Carolyn Turgeon once again for publishing her interview of me on August 29th. The response from readers has been wonderful. Here are just a few of the responses.

The first is from a sister mermaid on Facebook:
Greetings! I read the interview of you on the blog I Am a Mermaid and instantly thought, "Wow! A kindred soul!" I heard about your facebook group [Merfolk] and decided I would greatly like to join. The Sea has always been a mother to me, and, seeing as I'm still in school, I only do birthday parties and such. I would be honored to join your group!
I met a woman that I occasionally volunteer with about the time the interview came out. During our short conversation, she called me a mermaid due to my long hair. Since she brought up the subject, I gave her the web address of the interview and asked her to check it out. I heard from her a few days later:
OMG!! That is so funny! I totally called you a mermaid before knowing you ARE a mermaid! How cool is this!!!!? I’ve always been obsessed with mermaids and the ocean! I used to pretend I was a mermaid. I grew up on the beach and swam every day! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the ocean! This is super wild! Hehe Now I can say I know a real mermaid! ... Well, Miss Mermaid, I am so happy we talked!
Best wishes and starfishes,
-Mermaid Cynthia
cynthia (at) goldmermaid.com

Blog Index | Ad Information | Top

No comments:

Post a Comment