Friday, January 27, 2012
The Mermaid Quiz
Here is a little mermaid and under water quiz just for fun. How many of these can you answer without looking them up? Web searching is fine as well if you must.
Notes: Contest is closed, but you can still do the quiz. The contest winner and the correct answers will appear in my next blog post!
1. In the movie Splash, where do Madison and Allen first meet?
a) New York Harbor
b) Waters off of Cape Cod
c) Police station
d) Connecticut waters
2. Where do Claire and Hailey first find the mermaid Aquamarine in the movie by the same name?
a) Swimming pool
b) Silver Lake
c) On the beach
d) Fork of a river
e) Ocean at low tide
3. In the popular mermish dialect, what does 'Lusa Em' mean?
a) I don't understand
c) Deep water
d) See you
e) Good morning
4. During the second season of H2O: Just Add Water, which girl becomes the fourth mermaid?
5. In August 2009, a town in which country offered a prize of $1 million for anyone who could prove the existence of a mermaid off its coast?
6. The opening scene of Mr. Peabody and the Mermaid shows what?
a) Mr. Peabody fishing in the Caribbean
b) Mrs. Peabody packing the car for a trip
c) Mr. Peabody calling his wife on the phone
d) Mr. Peabody relaxing on the beach
e) Mrs. Peabody talking to a psychiatrist
7. Which movie involves the rescue of a dolphin from a corrupt scientist at an aquarium?
c) Splash, Too
d) Night Tide
e) Goddess of the Sea
8. Who is Lori Lemaris?
a) Mermaid tail designer
b) Jewelry designer
c) Aquatic artist
d) Comic book mermaid
e) Mermaid actress and model
9. The Coney Island Mermaid Parade began in what year?
10. In Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, what does Harry eat to breathe under water?
g) Ashwinder Egg
Good luck to all!
Mermaid - Palooza will take place on August 10th thru 13th at Cabalay Lake Towers in Orlando, Florida. For more information, see the Facebook page. The event web site is http://mer-palooza.com.
Thank you for reading!
cynthia (at) goldmermaid.com