Friday, June 15, 2012

Mermaid Parade 2012

Mermaid Parade

An important event for merfolk is quickly approaching! The annual Coney Island Mermaid Parade will be held on 23 June 2012 in Coney Island, New York. Parade assembly begins at 10am, and the parade officially starts at 2pm. This is the parade's 30th anniversary, so don't miss it if you are in the area.  In the evening, the Mermaid Parade Ball is set for 7pm. Visit the event web site for all the details on this and many other events in the area.

If you are planning to attend the parade this year, please take some photos and send me a few! I will feature any that I get in an upcoming blog post for all to see!

Tail Makers List

Back in late March of this year, I published a list of mermaid/merman tail creators. In addition to that list, you may also want to visit the list compiled by the folks at the MerNetwork Forum. As with any major purchase, do your homework by looking at multiple reviews by other merfolk.

Mermaids Magazine

If you have ordered the special edition Mermaids magazine, you may be wondering why you haven't received it as yet. For an up to date status, read this blog post by editor Carolyn Turgeon.

Be Interviewed!

I am currently working on my next mermaid interview, and hope to have it ready to be published soon. In the meantime, I am looking for other mermaids and mermen that would like to be the subject of an interview for this blog. I ask that you be active in mermaiding, 18 or more years of age, and have a good grasp of the English language. Please contact me at the email address below if you are interested. Thank you!

Best wishes and starfishes,
-Mermaid Cynthia
cynthia (at) goldmermaid.com

No comments:

Post a Comment