Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Mermaid Bethany of Pennsylvania

Greetings, merfolk and merfolk fans! Today we have the pleasure of speaking with Mermaid Bethany from Pennsylvania USA. Bethany may inspire you to dive in and make mermaiding a sideline, or perhaps a full time profession! Let's all welcome Mermaid Bethany to the blog!

Cynthia: Welcome, Bethany! Tell us a little about yourself.
Mermaid Bethany
Bethany: My full name is Bethany Sarah Bruder and I am Mermaid Bethany. I was born in Bethlehem Pennsylvania and grew up in Allentown Pennsylvania. I am an average everyday wife and mother except for one little thing. I am a Mermaid Entertainer on the side!

Cynthia: What inspired you to join the mermaid community?
Bethany: The love of Mermaids has always been strong in me ever since I can remember. Two years ago I bought my first swimable mermaid tail and would go swimming in it as often as I could. I have even trained myself to hold my breath for a minute and a half. It's not much compared to what some mermaiders can do but it was a good start for me. Although swimming in a tail was lots of fun, I longed to communicate with others like me. I was beginning to think I was a crazy lady that was never going to grow up. So one day I went on Facebook and searched for Mermaid Groups and Mermaid Like pages. I was amazed at how many men and women as well as children were into Mermaiding! This directed me to other Mermaid Community Networking sites.

Cynthia: What should one expect at a children's birthday event?
Bethany: When I do birthday parties, children not only receive a mermaid gift of the sea, but a story, they learn a Mermaid tune and/or a Mermaid dance. Pictures will also be taken and added to my Like page for parents to see and share to their own Facebook page. There will also be a splashy and/or bubbly game that includes some fun prizes!

Cynthia: Tell us about the other kinds of events you do.
Bethany: I will be attending Community Day, which is held at St. Marks Lutheran Church, and I will be preforming as Mermaid Bethany. I also am available for hire for other church events, daycare appearances, and I am also available for volunteering appearances for any events that include creating awareness for donations to a worthy cause.

Cynthia: Have you attended any merfolk gatherings or conventions?
Bethany: I have never attended anything major, but I have made some new friends that I discovered that live rather close to me through Mermaid Networking. I do dream however, to attended a Mermaid Convention or gathering someday.

Cynthia: Have you done any environmental or instructional work?
Bethany: I have made many anonymous donations to ocean and other wildlife charities. I also have 14 years of environmental services under my belt just through the time I spent as a Girl Scout and volunteer work through past churches I have attended. I loved every moment of it!

Cynthia: Do you have any amusing stories from your mermaid adventures?
Bethany: When I was at a photo shoot that was taking place in a deep and fast creek, I swam over to a piece of driftwood for one of my pictures. As I swam closer to it, I came to sudden stop. There resting on the driftwood was a river snake. It must have been four feet long! I swam the heck out of there and I called it a day!

Cynthia: Great story! What else you would like to share with us today?
Bethany: If anyone would like to know more, please message me at my Facebook page, and I will do my best to get back to you as soon as I can.

Cynthia: Thank you very much, Bethany. Do keep us up to date on your adventures. Readers can find out more about Mermaid Bethany at her MerNetwork member page.

Best wishes and starfishes,
-Mermaid Cynthia
cynthia (at) goldmermaid.com

Updated on 5 December 2013.

Blog Index | Ad Information | Top

No comments:

Post a Comment