Thursday, August 9, 2012

Mermaid Food

As we swim in the ocean, we quickly realize that there are no fast food restaurants here. No cafes, no diners. What's a mermaid to eat? A quick look around shows two possibilities: fish and seaweed.

What if I don't like seaweed? There is a way to find out: Sea Chips by Maine Coast Sea Vegetables.

Sea Chips are corn chips flavored with dulse and kelp... in other words, seaweed! Sea Chips are low in sodium and are certified organic.

As you may know, I am originally from the northeastern US. A friend of mine once bought me a Maine care package, which included a bag of Sea Chips as well as salt water taffy and seaweed flavored health bars. I really wanted to like the Sea Chips, I'm a mermaid after all. The first few chips did not taste all that good, but it was something new, and I was thinking that the taste would grow on me. I'll get used to it.

After several more chips, I came to realize that this wasn't going to happen. I had to admit to myself that I really didn't like seaweed.

It appears that I am not alone. One reviewer of the seaweed chips said that they tasted like 'low tide'.

Everyone's taste is different, however. If you would like to give the seaweed chips a try, swim on over to seaveg.com. One bag is $3.45 and a case of 12 bags is $37. The taste test will have to wait a little while, though. The SeaVeg store is closed during the month of August, and will reopen on September 4th.

When you start munching your Sea Chips at work, your co-workers will know that you're crazy a mermaid!


Mermaids 101

Author Doreen Virtue is known for her '101' style beginner's books on fantasy topics. Examples are Angels 101 and Fairies 101. Her latest work is 'Mermaids 101, Exploring the Magical Underwater World of the Merpeople', and it is due to be released on November 19, 2012.

In this book, you will hear about people's experiences with mermaids, and learn how you can tap into your inner merperson. Ancient and modern mermaid descriptions and images are provided. Doreen also included information on those of us that get our tails wet in oceans, pools, and lakes. If you are always searching for more information on mermaids, then this book is for you. Pre-orders are being taken now at Amazon and Barnes & Noble.


Best wishes and starfishes,
-Mermaid Cynthia
cynthia (at) goldmermaid.com

Blog Index | Ad Information | Top

No comments:

Post a Comment